Sunday, July 31, 2005

Viva Frida!


A Frida Kahlo swap has been my latest love. I had never done Frida or Mexican themed cards and was excited to try them out. And I had a great time creating these nine cards! So much fun that I stayed up until 5:00 am to finish them! I just couldn't walk away! In these cards I used pages from a vintage spanish dictionary covered with colored tissue (thank you Lynnette April!) and papel picado, a mexican designed tissue paper with cut out shapes (thank you Mija!!). I then used various images from vintage Talavera pottery, rhinestones, vintage pics of Frida, and embroidery thread throughout.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tamara, Frida is a fascinating artist. Did you see the movie Frida? Selma Hyack played Frida. She did a great job. You should rent it if you haven't seen it.
Great work!
Aunt Cheryl

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie. I'm always blown away by yourimigination and your beautiful art.

Thank you for inspireing me. Love you Blog. It is beautiful and full of information and the finest art. Hugs Lynnette April.

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home