Saturday, April 30, 2005

Shell ATC's


Shells Theme for ATC Swap for ATC Society
These little buggers turned out pretty well considering I had to do this project twice because the first one got messed up! These are mixed media collage cards. The shells are stickers placed on mulberry paper then glued behind a photo negative holder covered in decorative paper. The background is also decorative paper. The words Sea Shells were glued onto small pieces of netting type fiber paper and then decorated with tiny pearl beads.
When I first started this project, I thought that it would be interesting to hand-write the names of the shells on the photo negative holder. I thought that this would make them look like little samples a shell collector would have around their house. But when I looked at them the following day after they were dry I hated them! The negative holders were so well glued that I couldn't get them off without destroying the cards, so I tossed them away and started over. Sometimes those ideas that seem really great in your head don't translate well to paper!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They came out terrific!
Sharon Zimmer, ATC Society

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home