Sunday, July 31, 2005

Viva Frida Continued!


Here's a very interesting note about the creation of these cards. When I sat down to start making them, I used various bright tissues (I thought!) and some tissue flowers to make the base. But I found that the colors I started with were way too dark and the Frida images looked completely wrong on them! So I dug into my paper box and found the RAK's from Lynnette and Mija and decided to give those a whirl. And lo and behold, the SUPER vibrant colors worked beautifully! It was as if Frida herself would not allow me to do anything but bright, bright, bright. I suppose this is appropriate since Frida was a great shining light in the world of art!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie. You , Mija and I must of been friends in a past life. Oh and don't forget Frieda. i saw where she lived in Mexico City with her beloved Rivera. His work is a true gift to the Mexicans. Hers is not only a gift to Mexicans but women and women in pain. I even touched one of her canvases. Hugs Lynnette April.

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home