Friday, December 30, 2005

Bird Brains Left Side of Spread (See The Next Page Below)

This is my spread for a round robin book. The theme of this book was "Ravens". The scan does not do the actual color justice, but it is pretty bright in person. The purple words really stand out on the black background, which is why I left the original black for it. Normally I would have torn up paper to collage for the background, but I really liked how the white popped against the black.

I cannot remember where I found the funny men graphic....but I remember instantly liking the image! It felt a little like deja vu and I could have sworn I had seen it before. And I was right. This image was used by Kelly (who it will travel to next to be worked in ironically!) in an amazing composition!! Once I realised that I almost didn't use it -- I didn't want her to feel I was copying her! But I just love the image so much and was so taken with her own use of it, that I had to use it! So thank you Kelly for the inspiration!

All images were printed onto either card stock or matte photo paper. The words were printed as well. All the other colors were added with watercolor pencils. This was my first use of these type of pencils and I just LOVE them! I have the small set of 12 colors, but will certainly ask my hubby to start saving for the BIG set as I am hooked! They are amazing...you color the section you want just like with normal colored pencils. But then you take a wet paint brush and swipe it over. Instantly it makes your coloring seem like it was watercolored. Next I want to try watercolor crayons, as I hear they are just as wonderful to use!

1 Comments:

Blogger carylsrealm said...

Way Cool Sweetie!
Just love it! :)

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home